Hey Aarti, what are you doing in Singapore? I don’t get it
THE MAIN PURPOSE of being in Singapore- is to work on the 5th Row Program at SUTD.
- Right now, SUTD doesn’t really have many clubs or extra curricular activities- & we (around 20 MIT people) are here to help change that.
- Around 80 of the SUTD students are in it. I might be making that number up, I don’t actually know.
- We each have an assigned team of SUTD students- and the SUTD students have their ideas.
- Our job is to guide them to develop and actually make their ideas happen.
The first weekend was Orientation. So we did a lot of leadership-style activities. Had a scavenger hunt through Singapore etc. It was really fun. Kids are super super nice and very curious to learn about the US and MIT. So that’s fun (to answer their questions). They’re also very open to our questions
Green Team coming up with out logo&mascot!
- From then on- we meet every Monday and Wednesday for a couple hours for leadership sessions + office hour style help. I like it. There’s some fun ideas and it’s really cool to witness them shaping their campus first hand and having the opportunity to be the ones who really make SUTD what it’ll be
- What’s different about forming clubs here is that there’s a lot of documentation + preparation necessary. They have to formally pitch their ideas to the staff on Friday o_o Like wearing nice ties and dresses. I helped a couple groups with their pitches on Monday though- it was actually really fun. I like feeling useful :)